I am so excited to be a part of the HUGE Teachers Pay Teachers Cyber Monday + Tuesday sale! Everything in my store will be 20% off and TpT is offering a promo code to take an extra percentage off! Check it out and fill up your cart….now is the time to stock up!
I am also excited to announce that I finished my Christmas Literacy Centers just in time to get them uploaded to my store for the big sale! All 6 centers are common core aligned. Check them out and get them while they are on sale!
In other exciting blogland news, I woke up this morning to find 2 emails saying I have been nominated for a new blogger award! The hardest part of being new to blogging is getting yourself out there. Blogging is so much more fun when people are reading your blog and commenting. I love meeting other teachers who share my love and passion for teaching! So, thank you to Lindsey and Kathy for nominating me!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200 followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominators set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back, (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so that I can learn more about you!)
So, here it goes…..11 Random Things About Me….
1. Feeding my family is a crazy thing. My husband, youngest daughter and I are all gluten free and my oldest daughter is vegetarian. Meals in our house are an adventure!
2. I LOVE reality TV. I wish that I didn’t, I am slightly embarrassed that I do, but it is what it is!
3. I think that the best part of waking up in the morning is drinking my coffee. I tried giving up coffee a few years ago. I decided that I really enjoy sitting down in the morning, enjoying a cup (or three!), and catching up on social media and emails.
4. I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. I love wearing new clothes but I hate shopping for them. I can never find anything that matches the picture I saw on Pinterest and now have in my mind!
5. I am the oldest of 3 girls in my family and we all teach…..I find that so interesting!
6. I am a Dance Mom….but not one of THOSE dance moms!
7. I love to kickbox. That is where you will find me most Monday nights….so if you ever meet me in a dark alley, don’t mess with me!
8. I think I am the only adult I know who does not own a smartphone. Hoping to fix that soon!
9. I used to be painfully shy…even into adulthood. I credit my husband for helping me break out of my shell.
10. My all time favorite movie is The Princess Bride
11. My family can quote just about every line from the movie Tommy Boy.
Here are the 11 questions Kathy asked me:
1. What is a recipe that you are famous for making?
Lately, it is my Southwest Quinoa Salad. If we have a BBQ to go to it is usually my Corn and Frito Salad. (Both recipes are gluten free and vegetarian!)
2. Why did you start a blog?
I started a blog because I was obsessed with a few teaching blogs I found and I thought it looked fun. I also love to share what I am doing in the classroom and it is a great way to meet other professionals and to keep parents and my own family up to date! I am having so much fun with it!
3. What is your favorite subject to teach?
I love teaching math. I think it is because I struggled so much with math when I was young. I love helping kiddos get over their mental block of thinking they are not good at math.
4. What is a favorite website that you use with your students?
Oh.My.Goodness. I am still learning about some of the great apps that are out there. My school just opened an ipad lab for k-4th grades this year. We get to take our classes once a week. There are so many amazing things you can do on those things! As far as a website, my students love to practice for spelling on SpellingCity!
5. What is the hardest thing about teaching?
Balancing school life and family life. I always want to be doing more for my students. The most important thing I have learned over the last 10 years is that I have to have a point at which I am going to be done and then I need to leave and go home and be mom. I work like crazy during the day, grading during any free second and I try to stay focused during my prep time so that I don’t have to stay too late!
6. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
My husband and I have a list of college basketball teams that we would love to see play in their home arena. My husband is a basketball coach and I have learned to love the game!
7. Describe in a sentence or two, your ideal classroom?
My ideal environment is one that is positive and where kids feel safe enough and confident enough to try something new and make a few mistakes along the way.
8. What is a favorite teaching theme or bulletin board idea that you've used?
This year I changed my classroom theme. It is just black, white and red but I think my room looks very clean and classy.
9. Who is your favorite music artist?
Right now I am loving Taylor Swift. The girl is genius. She can take the most ordinary thing and make a fun song about it!
10. What is your morning poison? (i.e., coffee, tea, sugar, etc.).
Coffee. Hands down.
11. If money were no object, what one thing would you buy for yourself? For your classroom?
For myself, new furniture for every room in my house. Between the kids and my dogs it is time!
For my classroom, ipads and apple tv. Crazy the things you can do!
Here are the 11 questions for the blogs I am nominating: (Lindsey, since I didn’t get to answer yours I am passing them along!)
1. Why did you want to be a teacher?
2. What is your favorite subject to teach?
3. What's your favorite thing to do on your days off?
4. How does your grade level plan together?
5. What is your favorite blog for inspiration?
6. What are you afraid of?
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
8. What is one teaching area you are working on improving this year?
9. What is your favorite vacation spot?
10. How long do you spend getting ready for work in the morning?
11. Do you pack a lunch or buy?
Okay, now here are 7 blogs that I am nominating:
Okay…so I am a TOTAL rule follower and this is killing me…..but as I look around I am having THE WORST time finding 11 blogs that haven’t already been nominated! I guess that is a good thing. So, 7 rhymes with 11. If I find more, I promise to add them to this post! I love that this is a way to get ourselves out there and maybe get some more people to check out our blogs! Thank you ladies for nominating me!