Here are five random things from this week….
1. Our skill for the week was sequencing. I love chart paper and I REALLY love my Mr. Sketch markers!
2. For Writer’s Workshop we wrote stories using sequencing and then turned them into small books. I love foldables (almost as much as Mr. Sketch) and we made these cute little books with one piece of large construction paper! My kiddos are so excited to read them with the younger reading buddies.
3. Our ice cream sundaes are coming along! I have lots of kiddos moving on to their 6s. They are so motivated right now and have been practicing so hard!
4. Work on Writing needed some spicing up this week. I love Daily 5 and so do my kids, but if I am being honest, they were starting to get a little squirrely during Daily 5 time. I introduced these shared writing journals this week and they were so excited. Daily 5 time turned around this week!
5. Unfortunately, it wasn’t all fun learning this week. We did have benchmark testing in both reading and math. Ugh. I know there is no way to get around the testing issue, I just feel like we are tested like crazy, and my poor kiddos are feeling it. (This cute sign is from Amanda Nickerson at One Extra Degree)
Thankfully, next week we have early release days on Thursday and Friday and then Monday off! WooHoo!