It’s March already….say WHAT?!?! That means it’s time for a new Currently with the one and only Farley!
1. Listening…… to my daughters watching iCarly. I love that they are teenagers and they still love Nick and Disney Channel!
2. Loving….. that my husband is the Driver’s Ed teacher at my girls’ high school. Our oldest is 16 this month and has her learner’s permit and is learning to drive. Thank goodness he is an expert, that means I am off the hook!
3. Thinking……that we have a lot to do with our house over break. Things need to be painted, cleaned and organized!
4. Wanting…..to freeze time. My oldest not only turns 16 this month, but she is going on a trip across the country to NYC with her high school dance team. I am so excited for her to have this experience and I know she is going to fall in love with the city. I am struggling with the fact that she is old enough to get on a plane without me and spend 4 days without me in the big city. Her studio dance teacher is going as a parent chaperone so I know she will be well taken care of…..it’s just a big step in a sea of big steps that are coming…..
5. Needing…..I have been in a cooking rut. I feel like we eat the same meals over and over. It’s hard enough to meal plan for the week, but then you throw our food allergies and my daughter’s choice to be vegetarian in the mix and it’s nearly impossible. I need to spend some time on Pinterest and try some new things!
6. Spring Break…..it feels like it’s never going to get here! We still have 2 more weeks. I plan on taking a short road trip to see my sister and nieces. I don’t get to see them as often as I would like. Three hours doesn’t seem like so far away until you look at a calendar and realize how busy every weekend is. I am blocking out some time to spend with them and putting it on the calendar…..in pen!
Seriously, I feel like this year is moving at warp speed but I continue to count all of the blessings in my life and to be grateful for each day. I was reminded of how blessed I am this weekend. I was fortunate enough to be able to hang out with an amazing group of women, maybe you recognize some of them? Big things are happening and I couldn’t be more excited!